A resume is the first step to getting a job. A good resume is what opens doors for interviews and introduces you to the recruiter without you needing to speak. Creating a resume can be done by any. But creation of a resume that catches the eye of a recruiter among hundreds of applications and stands out is no easy task. What makes a resume appealing to recruiters? What do recruiters look for in a resume of a potential candidate? What features are to be included in it? Keep reading to find answers to these questions.
Eye-catching and lively words that uniquely describe your personality should be used while writing your resume. These help the recruiters estimate your potential and capabilities. You need to have a clear understanding of the job role you want and present your resume such that it matches the job description. If there is more than one job position you are applying to, it is advisable to have different versions of your resume.
● Begin with your name and contact address. How you style and format depends on your personal choice but ensure everything that you enter into the paper is presented in a professional standard.
● Present a brief summary of your objective for applying to the job. This should match with the role description that the company provided.
● Present your qualifications next starting with your highest degree followed by other degrees. List all your professional experience, starting with your current employment.
● Bear in mind that all the qualifications and work experience you add should be relevant to the job description.
● Mention all the skills you have that are relevant to the role in the next column. It is also important to mention the level of mastery you have in each skill.
● Next column is dedicated to presenting academic activities like paper presentations, participation in seminars and workshops, certifications you have done and the kind.
● The next part of your resume is to describe all the interests and extracurricular activities that you have participated in. Here is the chance to make your resume stand out. Describe your mastery of any art, sports, instruments, roles you have taken and your interests. These add special weight to your resume and give you that extra edge.
● Any other information other than what you have mentioned above can be included here. It also should be of relevance to the job description.
● End the resume by adding a declaration that says all the information provided is true to the best of your knowledge. Enter the date and include your signature.
● Proofread the text several times to ensure a clean document that is free of typos and grammatical errors.
Features that are to be included in your resume:
● Specific format and style
● Appropriate use of space
● Decent language and correct grammar
● Job role matching keywords
● Brief description of all professional experience
● Precise and crisp
A good resume will run to a maximum length of two pages, with concise and formal language. Resume writing is all about presenting your eligible candidate for the job even before the recruiter meets you. Follow these easy tips and let your resume speak for itself!
We, at HIREdrate, provide resume formatting services to make
your resume stand out.